Pre-Printed: Full Color Labels
Free Press Proofs
For first time customers ordering full color labels we strongly recommend ordering a free press proof. Color shifting is a common occurrence when files are converted for our production purposes, and obtaining a proof will ensure that the label will have the color and look that you desire. Press proofs generally ship within 24 hours and are produced off of the same equipment that will be used to produce your order.
The ideal format to submit is an Adobe Illustrator file with all fonts converted to outlines or a high resolution CMYK pdf file (minimum resolution of 300 dpi). We also accept native files in all versions of the following:
· Adobe InDesign
· Adobe Photoshop
· Adobe Illustrator
If you are submitting native files you will need to include the fonts and links. If fonts are not converted to outlines, they must be included with the file.
We must convert all RGB files. Converting RGB files can cause significant color shifting. Please help us out by doing the following:
· Create files using CMYK color
· For best results build files using CMYK values from a Pantone Process Coated color guide
· Supply a color target or sample whenever possible
· Minimum font size for dark text on light background is 5pt
· Minimum font size for white text on colored background is 7pt bold
The above font size requirements are a good general rule for creating legible labels. We can print smaller font sizes. If you are interested in smaller font sizes we recommend ordering a proof and verifying that you are satisfied with the clarity of the print before ordering a production run.
**NOTE: Text must maintain 1/16" margin from the label edge.
Placed Images / Raster Files
· All images should be at least 300 dpi
· Images should be in CMYK format
**NOTE: Images must maintain 1/16" margin from the label edge.
Full Bleed Requirement
We require artwork files to be prepared with full bleed when there is print that reaches the outer edge of the label. We will need 1/16” (0.0625”) bleed around the edge of the label. If you wanted a 3” X 4” label with color out to the edge, your design should be sized to 3.125” X 4.125”.
There are 3 ways to send us your artwork files:
· Email your files to firstname.lastname@example.org
· Contact us for access to our secure FTP site
· Burn your files to a CD-ROM and put it in the mail
You may have difficulty emailing files larger than 10MB. If so please contact us for access to our secure FTP site.
All files should be stuffed (.sit) when sending via email or when uploading to the FTP site. When naming the .sit folder avoid using special characters, slashes and backslashes.
Please do your best to submit ‘print ready’ artwork. Any changes, modifications, or corrections that need to be made after the proofing process can result in extra charges and delays in processing your order.
· Carefully review your artwork before it is sent
· Check the spelling of your copy
· Examine your designs and decide that you are ready to print!
A few other tips:
· Please do not build your page elements in the middle of a larger page and manually add or crop registration marks
· The document set-up should be exactly the same as the final trim size
If you have questions, please do not hesitiate to contact us at 866-252-1520.